Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Belleville Dodge Chrysler Jeep is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
[Fees will not be charged for support persons]
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, the Service, Parts and Sales Departments of Belleville Dodge Chrysler Jeep will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time.
The notice will be placed at all entrances to the building and doors separating departments.
Training for Staff
Belleville Dodge Chrysler Jeep will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf.
This training will be provided to staff after the 3 month probationary period.
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Belleville Dodge Chrysler Jeep’s accessible customer service plan.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Belleville Dodge Chrysler Jeep’s goods and services
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to your accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Belleville Dodge Chrysler Jeep provides goods and services to people with disabilities can communicate through e-mail, verbally, satisfaction surveys and the comment forms on our website at www.bellevilledodge.ca.
All feedback will be directed to Customer Service. Customers can expect to hear back in 7 business days. Complaints will be addressed according to our organization’s regular complaint management procedures.
Modifications to This or Other Policies
Any policy of Belleville Dodge Chrysler Jeep that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
Belleville Dodge Chrysler Jeep welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Responsibilities Under The Policy
Belleville Dodge Chrysler Jeep, its Clients and their respective departments are responsible for:
- Providing documents in a suitable format upon request by a person with a disability.
- Ensuring compliance with the Standards of Accessible Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07.
- Communicating and coordinating with a person with a disability regarding the use of a service animal or support person.
- Provide notification of a service disruption where applicable.
A person with a disability is responsible for:
- Supervising and controlling service animals when being used to access goods and services.
- Upon request, providing verification or license of service animal certification.
- Where applicable, provide contact information for notification of disruptions.